Caleb in Mexico

Spicy Adventures South of the Rio Bravo!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Cuernavaca (sounds cooler on the Radio!)

The next three weeks were spent in Cuernavaca, Mexico. This charming city is about 30 miles southwest of Mexico City. I didn’t know what to expect there because all I knew about it before the bus stopped was that lots of rich people from Mexico City (who could afford to) lived in Cuernavaca on the weekends. Cuernavaca is known for a few things, weather – being called “land of eternal spring”, language schools –which is why I was there, and being generally progressive and a bit artsy fartsy. Having just spent my first semester in Austin, these three characteristics made me like this city so much. We got to see some beautiful and some heinous parts of the city. I like being exposed to both. In the city square there’s a McDonalds, Burger King, and Domino’s among many local venues. I explored ALL the time. If we had an afternoon off, I went somewhere. I got a map and literally went to town. It was awesome. I surprised myself at how quickly I felt comfortable there.
posted by Caleb at 9:01 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home